For this delightful contest I would like for you to write a new poem on the subject of…Poetry, or Poems. That’s right; write me a poem that talks about poems or poetry. It could be in any angle, so be creative when writing it. Write a poem about a poem that affected you a lot. It could be Frost, or even Poe that caught your attention. Write about how poetry saved your life, how writing poetry is like a release valve and releases a lot of pent of feelings. I know that writing poetry can be very helpful to me…how is it helpful to you? I would like the form of this poem to be either: Rispetto or Quatrain(Min 2 Stanzas) or Ottava Rima. It you don’t know these forms check out the forms in the “Forms” link on the Soup site. There are a few rules when working on my contest:
1) No names on the poem(I’m gonna try out blind judging)
2) Put the contest name at the bottom of the poem
3) Put the date on the bottom of the poem
4) Write the poem on the subject of Poetry or Poems
5) Write the poem in one of the following forms, Rispetto, Quatrain(min 2 stanzas), or Ottava Rima
6) Enjoy the contest
When judgment occurs there will be multiple winners within 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. I will try to place everyone who follows my rules, or as close to them as possible. Most of all, like all contests, you should have fun and enjoy yourself!