What to Submit?
~~Ok, here goes, it is to be themed on….
Romeo and Juliet; How tragic is love…
U getting all this?
1. FORM – Blank verse ~or~ Prose Poetry ONLY!!!
2. MUST use one of the QUOTES stated BELOW (to guide your poem)
3. BRAND NEW…FOR THIS CONTEST ONLY
***HERE’S THE TRICKY PART***
4. It MUST be written in 1500’s English speech
Aka- Shakespearian tongue
(This is very important to the theme !!!)
~“Tis torture, and not mercy. Heaven is here
Where Juliet lives, and every cat and dog
And little mouse, every unworthy thing,
Live here in heaven and may look on her,
But Romeo may not."
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, 3.3
~"O my love, my wife!
Death, that hath suck'd the honey of thy breath
Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty."- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, 5.3
PRIZES : 1-5 Glory(Possible double placements)
GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTER!!
A Note to Poetry Contestants
You are welcome to enter this contest, whether or not you won a prize in one of my previous contests.