Final FOOD Test RESULTS. Happy Sunday, Guys!!!
Blog Posted:5/18/2014 11:51:00 AM
Going through this one, I realized it was probably not a very precise indicator of a person's personality. Maybe it is based on the opinion of someone that just made this stuff up!! Also, it is more oriented toward Americans and not other cultures. So it's all in good fun. At the end of it, I will reveal which ones I believe truly define me and tell if they were at least in my top six choices or not! I hope you will tell me if any of them came close for you or not!
Burger & Fries: For Americans, it means “you are the ultimate slice of Americana.” Also, “you probably like reliability, and it doesn't get more reliable than a hamburger and fries.” I would venture to say that David Williams liking fish & chips proves he is the ultimate Brit!!
Number one choice for PD, Andrea & for Catie (with no fries)/ Gail/ #3 for Ruben/ #2 for Kelly/
2. Caviar: This is just the opinion of a magazine, mind you!! I quote, “You're probably a snob.”
3. Pie: “You may be from the South, and definitely come from a long tradition of home cooks. You think everything tastes better homemade, and know the best way to wash down lunch is with a glass of sweet tea or lemonade. Your favorite pie recipe is one that's been handed down through generations, and is the best-kept family secret.” CATIE was the only one to choose it.
4. Salad: This was kind of what I expected. The magazine article said, “You wear a lot of Lululemon, do yoga daily, and only order light beer. You've likely done a juice cleanse (or a few), and consider a brownie Cliff bar an indulgence.”
Catie/ AiyaH/ Ruben at #2 hmmm, I am not so sure this is too accurate! I love a good salad myself, but I sure do not consider a Cliff bar to be an indulgence in any shape or form!
5. Mac and Cheese: “You're a purist. You love the comfort of classics, whether it be movies, books, or your favorite meal. Macaroni and cheese may not be the most creative or even best food you've ever had, but it's your favorite because it reminds you of home.”
Catie/ Gail. It is my #3 (tied with tacos) and the #4 for Kelly. (the last part of what it says is very true for me, but personally, I prefer modern books and movies!)
6. Pizza: The only thing you like better than hanging out with friends, is eating with them. You're jovial and fun to be around -- which is probably why you tend to be surrounded by others:
Kelly's #1. A.E. Maybe had this as #1. It's #2 for AiyaH, Deb, & me (yep, my favorite activity with friends is eating!)
7. Mashed potatoes: “You're close with your parents and/or siblings, and always look forward to going home for the holidays. You crave simplicity, hate drama, and have no patience for people who overcomplicate things.”
Deb/ Catie/ my #2 & tied with pizza (as long as it is covered with a good gravy or cheese!) For Ruben & Charma, it's #5.
8. Chocolate: “You're a romantic at heart -- you love The Notebook, have an emergency ice cream tub in your freezer, and hate Valentine's Day (unless you're in a relationship). You give in to temptation easily, and are all too familiar with the wine-chocolate double hangover.”
This goes to Charlotte/ Charma/ Freddie/ and Suzette ( only the highest quality)
9. Cronuts: “You're mainstream, but not in a bad way. Your favorite artist is Katy Perry, you like brand name clothes, and you follow Sofia Vergara on Instagram -- but so what if you're not a trendsetter? After all, there's a reason they're popular.” Nobody said this one but then again, hardly anyone knew what it was! It sure does look nice in the picture I saw of it, but I would not choose it because there is no filling or frosting!!!
OH, A.E. Is interested in this one!
10. Hot dogs: “You're an unapologetic, die-hard sports fan.” Hahaha. Charma's #2. Really??
11. Sushi: “You're well-traveled, like to drink, and know a decent amount about art. You're probably the most cultured category on this list.”
Aha!!! It's David Williams, Freddie and Charma at #3! (so funny when Charma also had the sport's lovers' hot dog!!)
12. Ice Cream: “You're a kid at heart. You're goofy, carefree, and have a youthful innocence that makes you an A+ babysitter. Ice cream cones make you nostalgic for simpler times of sticky faces and hot summer days.”
Good one for Charlotte/ Ruben at #1/ Catie at #4 and I sure likes it too, my #4 tied with bacon/ add on Deb, if it's moose Tracks!!
13. Tacos: “You know your food, and you know that the hole-in-the-wall restaurants are often the most delicious (and authentic). You're not afraid to get messy for the sake of good food, and have spent many a late night and Sunday morning saved by this Mexican classic.”
Catie again, and my #3 tied with Mac and Cheese/ Also a fave of Deb, A.E, and AiyaH.
14. Bacon: A funny quote from the magazine: “You're a proud carnivore, and always wake up on the right side of bed -- as long as you get your breakfast. You roll your eyes at talk of 'going vegan,' have a good sense of humor, and your favorite piece of clothing is your blue jeans.”
Hahaha: Where is Caleb? I am thinking this would have been his pick!! It's also the pick for Jadazzle/ Catie/ Freddie/ PD/ Deb/ #3 for Kelly/ #4 for Charma and my #4 tied with ice cream, depending if I am in a salty or sweet mood!
So what do you think, guys? Did these descriptions get it right? All the ones I liked fit me more or less, but I'd say the description that best fit me was not my number one choice burger and fries. It was two of them: mashed potatoes and pizza, both my #2 ties that described me the best!!!