Most Recent Blog Post
Blog Posted:12/12/2013 9:54:00 AM
UPDATE: we have added the following as Premium Member features.
Many members suggested these be a Premium Member feature and we thought that was a GREAT idea. Thanks to those members that suggested this. You can control these features on the My Profile page.
- Control whether poems are available on PoetrySoup's sister website: PoemZoo.com.
- Allow the global turning on and off of commenting on your poems
Also, we are currently working on have FIXED the bug in the blocK poet feature that does not work on blogs. Stay tuned.
Additionally, we have updated our Terms and Conditions. We will be taking a STRONGER stance on policy violation in order to keep PoetrySoup a Haven. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Terms and Conditions:
We work very hard to maintain a certain environment here at PoetrySoup. We work hard to keep PoetrySoup a haven, a refuge from external troubles, and a place of poetic encouragement and growth for both adults AND children. As a result, here are some important things for ALL Soupers to keep in mind.
- While we respect our Poets' freedom of expression, there are certain subjects and content that will not be allowed on PoetrySoup. Posting poems containing this content will result in deletion of your poetry and possible membership suspension for repeat offenders. Examples of unacceptable content or subjects are:
- Sexually Explicit (X-Rated) Language
- Profanity (Curse Words or Abbreviated Curse Words)
- Nasty Comments (E.g. "This is CRAP!!!")
- Name Calling
- Satanic Occultism
- Personal Attacks, Battles, or Slamming Soup Members
- Do not use or suggest a member's name or initials, etc. in poems, blogs, or comments - unless it is positive!!!
- Hateful Expressions (E.g. "I should have killed her")
- As you can see, PoetrySoup restricts certain content. If you do not like these rules, we understand. As a result, PoetrySoup may not be the place for you. There are many poetry websites to choose from. However, or standards will not change. PoetrySoup is a private website (just like your home is private) we open it to the public as long as our standards are upheld.
- PoetrySoup will do its best to periodically monitor the contents of the poems and blogs etc to ensure they remain in good taste. The definition of "good taste" is at the discretion of PoetrySoup.
- Service can be terminated or suspended at any time and without notice.PoetrySoup reserves the right to do for any reason. If service is terminated, no further access will be allowed to the offending member. Posted works and accounts can be deleted without notice. (Offending blogs, poems, or comments etc. are deleted immediately).
- Be courteous and contribute positively. If you’re not contributing to the community in a positive manner, we reserve the right to temporarily or permanently close your account...without notice.
- TROLLS, FLOODING, AND SPAMMERS BEWARE. Trolling, flooding (posting multiple posts of the same thing), and spamming interferes with operation of our site. A type of spamming or flooding is the posting or sending of multiple items (comment, emails, advertisements, poems, blogs, etc), of the same content and often intended to inflame or disrupt the general tranquility of a community. Those who troll or spam are trespassing on our network. We reserve the right to take any and all legal and technical remedies to prevent trolling and spamming of our network.
- Protect anonymity. Members are not permitted to solicit personally identifiable information from other members or disclose another member’s identity without their written permission.
- Do not share private messages, like Soup Mail, publicly (I.E. on blogs, comments, poems, etc.)
- Members are expected to post ORIGINAL work only. Using another's work without proper acknowledgment or permission and copyrighting it as your own, is plagiarism, which is a crime. Any members suspected of plagiarism are immediately removed.
- Member acknowledges that due to the nature of the Internet that there are no guarantees of privacy. Soupmail, comments, etc. can be accessed in cases of bullying or personal threats. In these cases, PoetrySoup will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
- You may only have one PoetrySoup account.
- Remember, people have different opinions. That does not make them wrong. Be considerate of other's opinions.
- Because PoetrySoup is a public forum, the contents, thoughts and ideas expressed in individual poems may not reflect the ideology of PoetrySoup.
- Members may use this Web site to advertise or generate business for oneself. PoetrySoup will forward potential buyers of your Poetry to your email address only. You will then need to contact them.
- The poems on this site must be entered by the poets themselves. By submitting a poem, the poet agrees to allow PoetrySoup and affiliated sister websites to publish their poem online.
- Poems are published on this site purely for the purpose of wholesome reading pleasure and with good intentions. If a Poet does not have legal rights to the poem they have posted on PoetrySoup, it will be removed immediately. We guarantee to fulfill such demands within 48 hours. (PoetrySoup reserves the right to investigate whether the person submitting that demand is authorized to do so or not).
- There is no promise, no guarantee, and no warranty that display will be continually available or that works will be stored indefinitely. Members are advised to store their works elsewhere and not to depend on PoetrySoup for storage.
- PoetrySoup reserves the right to use contact information, including email addresses, from each member to contact him or her about special PoetrySoup offers, membership notices, news, and like activities.General PoetrySoup emails are sent to members about once every two weeks.
- Individual contact information is not shared. However, complete member databases, NOT including email addresses, may be accessed by affiliated websites.
- A member must keep an active e-mail and residential address on file at PoetrySoup at all times; failure of which can result in service termination.
- Patronage or donations to the site is not a guarantee of membership.
- PoetrySoup reserves the right to change any of the terms and condition of use and membership at any time, without notice.