Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Sanguine Fiend - all messages by user

6/14/2011 9:00:01 AM
So Speaks the Sanguine Fiend Hello! I'm very glad to have found this website. I'm an aspiring writer and I absolutely love poetry, so I was hoping that by joining this site and sharing my poems I would be able to get feedback, recognition, and the ability to unleash my creative expression on an unsuspecting world. Muahaha! Big Grin (Just kiddin'!)

I'm rather rusty at threads so I will end this post here.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and find beauty and inspiration in the world around you. Green Tongue
edited by Sanguine Fiend on 6/15/2011
6/14/2011 9:12:33 AM
Rag Doll Critique Hello! I was wondering what could be done to improve my poem Rag Doll? Also, I wrote this at a very depressing time in my life. It's not how I always feel or view things. I am just a big fan of extreme emotional personal expression.

Please and thankies.

i break down once more, lost

falling off of the highest precipice of
my own bitter consciousness
tumbling down, crumpling to the floor in a pile
my worn and sagging shoulders crushed with the weighty knowledge
of this injustice that is my ceaseless torment
this abysmal internal darkness which claws into my mind
driving me mad with sorrow and fear and contempt

now i pound and plead, shudder and scream
my blue button eyes spilling saltwater
and i find myself wrapping limp, lifeless arms around my sack body;
shields to ward off this desperate, terrible loneliness
that is growing inside this empty husk of me

for my stitching has torn, and my sides have ripped
and i've spilled all that i am onto the carpet;
all of the sawdust and cotton fluff
the silly stupid meaningless nothing that makes up my entire existence
now all that remains is this hollow aching inside of my fabric body
a hungering for an escape, anything anything anything please
this slow throb that drowns out all else
reminding me forever more that i am and have always been

truly alone.

(the poem is colored purple to separate it from the rest)
edited by Sanguine Fiend on 6/14/2011
6/14/2011 9:37:37 AM
Talk me out of it First of all, I want to say that no one can possibly understand exactly what you are going through except for you. But alot of us have gone through similar things. I want to share what I've gone through with you.

Since I can remember I have been ostrasized and ignored. I've never had more than 2 or 3 people that consistently talk to me (be they acquaintances, friends, whatever) since I was a small child. My mom didn't want to deal with me, so she had me drugged up on aderal and ritalin from a really young age. My dad smokes cigarettes nonstop and about a year ago he got his lungs x-rayed and they found spots on them which could lead to cancer. A little while after that, my stepmother spent all of my dads hard earned rent money on cocaine, and left him. About a year ago, I finally ended a 2 year emotionally abusive relationship. It ended when I tried to kill myself. I didn't succeed, of course, but was able to step back and take a good look at myself and what I'd let my life become.

You don't have to throw your life away because some people don't like you, or because some foolish person hurt you. Relationships come and go, and though it may hurt now, in a few years you will have forgotten all about this heartache. And no one said you have to like your parents. Parents can be jerks. I hated my mother for years before I finally forgave her for taking away my childhood. You don't need their acceptance to be happy. You are stronger and better than they could ever be.

I know that I'm awkward at this, and that I probably didn't help, but I just hope that you are okay. No one here wants anything bad to happen to you. Please be safe, and if you DO want to talk we are all here for you.
6/14/2011 11:09:30 AM
Should I? My best advice to you is to fall apart. Don't do anything dangerous to yourself, I'm not saying that at all, just let yourself cry. There is beauty in the breakdown. Crying makes you feel better, and after it is all done and you've cried yourself dry, you can step back and think logically about where you are in your life right now and figure out where you want to be. From there, you can get to where you want to be. If you think your friends aren't helping, confront them about it. Tell them how you feel like they've been treating you, and if they don't care, dump them. Better people are out there.

I hope that you're okay.
6/15/2011 11:12:43 AM
Nightmare in Wonderland This speaks to the heart.

Job well done!
pages: 1