Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » The Flight of Thomas Morray

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
6/3/2012 9:04:03 PM

regina branham
  • The Flight of Thomas Morray
Thomas Morray was a friend of mineHe had this obsession with wanting to flyHe began to study the skeletons of birdswhich provided his volcabulary with thestrangest of wordsHe professed he longed for his sternum to be fused,so to strengthen his muscles, when in flighthe would use; these conversations left me oddly amused and to be quite frank,very confusedI mis-understood his studies to be for fabrication;of metal, paper or other type construction; I began to believe he himself a bird-brain,I thought it was some sort of mental type strainI visited Thomas Morray twice a week,at the place where he lived; listenedto his stories of birds and of twigsUntil, on one stop, the nurses said Thomas is ready to dieI bent down and whispered,"Now's your chance, Thomas Morray,Fly, fly, fly"
edited by regina branham on 6/3/2012
permalink • reply with quote
6/3/2012 9:08:52 PM

regina branham
I tried everything to get this posted in stanzas to no avail.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » High Critique » The Flight of Thomas Morray