Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Any Idias on how to inpruve my style?

Ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas how to write better.
3/27/2012 10:40:00 PM

Alex Doumak
Hello, I'm Alex. I'm 22years old and live in Oceanside CA. I have been writing for around a year. I'm fairly new at this and was wondering if anyone could kinda guide me. Thankyou!!

This Life

In this time of life, in which I've been living.
A life of offer, it's been so giving.

Not so sure what to do. Then somehow, I've been thrown a clue.

My days must not be dark and bleak. But hard working and good, the light I shall seek.

Miracle by miracle, Luck and hope. Teach me life! This stuff I scope.

Each day, confusion to the next. But somehow miracles show. I'll speak through text.

When life brings me down, it seems to have a plan. It continues it's course. I assume, the best it can.

It feels like I'm never left behind, but rather a seat saved by someone kind.

Life has it's reason for the course it takes. I'm starting now to think, it makes no mistakes.

One's destiny linked to another's past. This race now, no one comes in last.

This life living, starts to seem more complex and planed. One to get hired. One to get canned.

An endless loop of events unfold. Before now, those stories remained untold.

This life, it's a spontaneous game. Random parts, which thought could never get us fame.

So, I guess it's safe to say that life will never stop throwing us tricks. Most being, the ones you and I can eventually fix.

So let's all think of life in a different way! A game with purpose. One were all capable to play.

By: Alex Doumak
edited by Alexander1205 on 3/27/2012
permalink • reply with quote
4/9/2012 2:36:59 PM

Jenna-Nichole Conrad
First, improve your spelling.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Any Idias on how to inpruve my style?