Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » About Lil' Me :)

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
2/20/2012 1:51:37 AM

Sev Smith
Hello everyone I'm here to tell you a little about myself to help you understand my poems a bit better Big Grin

Okay, I'm 16 years old and I've loved Literature since I was 8 years old. I've won many competitions for writing and been published for poetry when I was 9. I've been to writing workshops and when I finish Grade 12, I aim to attend University to study English.

At the moment, I'm attending a public highschool in Queensland Australia, and also enrolled in TAFE for a cert. 3 in visual art.

Now for the poetry understanding bits :P
I've been homeless for about 4 years now, living in and out of about three different places. I do not appriciate being in a different house every night, considering I have a lot of study to complete being in Grade 11.

I've had a boyfriend for 3 years now, but things have gotten very complicated between us since i made a personal discorvery about myself over the past holidays. I found and am sure that I am in fact, gay. I first realised the possibilities of this when I was 6, but refused to believe so. It was hard coming to terms with something I've been brought up to hate, but, I am who I am. Take it or leave it.

On normal circumstances, I would never tell anyone any of this. But this is a poetry site and I really wish for people to know me here and understand my works... All I can say is, I hope you like my poetry and I look forward to talking to you

Cheers
permalink • reply with quote
2/20/2012 1:27:23 PM

Dave Timperley
Your sexual leaning means nothing. It's the person 'inside' that counts. For a 16 year old you talk in advance of your years, maybe the homelessness is the cause of that. However you sound like a lady that knows what she wants, where she is going and more importantly, knows how to get there. May God bless your future. Dave.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » About Lil' Me :)