Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » »

10/2/2011 10:40:01 PM

Paula Swanson
Hi Bonnie,
I never knew there were so many forms as well, when I first came to the Soup. But, I quickly learned. I found that the best way to find out what form you are writing in, is to ask a seasoned Souper. All the folks here are more than willing to help. Another way is to go to the "Forms Of Poetry" link, in blue, to the left of this page. Click on that and browse through all the forms. A few each time you log on. I found that by entering the member sponsored contests, I learned a lot. Each sponsor of a contest will ask for a different form for the poets to write in. Then, you go to the forms of poetry link and look that form up and give it your best shot. I still cannot do a decent Haiku. But I love the Pantoum form.

Please feel free to Soup mail me if you ever have any questions. I will be happy to help when I can.

Keep in mind, that if your poem has any lines that rhyme, you can always list it under that form. Then, as you learn the diffrent rhyming forms, you can always edit and change it.

Take care,

Paula
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » »