Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » posting and editing

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
8/14/2011 5:16:51 PM

John Beam
When I edit a poem manually and get it the way I want it to look and I go to view it or look at new poems posted it looks totally different than it is on the editing page. can I get some help please,thanks.
permalink • reply with quote
8/14/2011 11:48:10 PM

Paula Swanson
That is just how it is. It takes a while to get the hang of it. The best thing to do is just play around with a poem. Change it, move it, ad spacing, center it, etc. That way you can look at it each time in the "New Poems-All" area and see how each change you make, reflects in the poem that everyone sees
8/15/2011 12:06:45 AM

John Beam
PaulaSwanson wrote:
That is just how it is. It takes a while to get the hang of it. The best thing to do is just play around with a poem. Change it, move it, ad spacing, center it, etc. That way you can look at it each time in the "New Poems-All" area and see how each change you make, reflects in the poem that everyone sees
8/15/2011 12:08:35 AM

John Beam
Thanks paula I will keep trying
9/10/2011 3:43:10 PM

Lori Lucas McClure
Question? I had a poem entered in a member contest "TURN ON THE LATERNE" and won a 6th place in the contest now it doesn't show up on my community ranking page or on the contest winner page What happened help please!!!!Thank you for your help!------Lori
9/12/2011 8:55:00 PM

Shirley Moody
HI,, I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN ADD MY POEMS LIKE AN IMAGE.. I DO SPECIAL EFFECTS ECT. IF NOT IT'S FINE I CAN JUST WRITE THEM UP HERE AGAIN LOL TA A MILL SHIRLEY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
10/13/2011 8:08:03 AM

Leanne Perks
I need help with something I know how to post poems on here but I've recently been trying to add a poem and its not letting it up and I don't know why I contacted poetry soup but they said it should come on in the list of poems but it is not working ? Anybody know why or what to do?
10/13/2011 7:47:13 PM

Paula Swanson
Lori wrote:
Question? I had a poem entered in a member contest "TURN ON THE LATERNE" and won a 6th place in the contest now it doesn't show up on my community ranking page or on the contest winner page What happened help please!!!!Thank you for your help!------Lori

Hi Lori, Did you perhaps delete the poem somehow? That is they only thing I can think of. You may want to contct administration and ask them. Sorry I couldn't give you a more helpful answer.`Paula
10/13/2011 7:49:56 PM

Paula Swanson
PoetricalRhymer87 wrote:
I need help with something I know how to post poems on here but I've recently been trying to add a poem and its not letting it up and I don't know why I contacted poetry soup but they said it should come on in the list of poems but it is not working ? Anybody know why or what to do?

The Soup has been experiencing technical difficulties of late. Hackers, server problems, you name it. I suggest trying to post your poem at a later time. Maybe tmr. One idead might be this...Make sure you pick a category and a form in the Post A Poem area. If you forget, it will not post the poem until you do choose one. Just an idea.~~Paula
edited by PaulaSwanson on 10/13/2011
6/22/2012 5:16:36 PM

Lucretia Crouse
I don't understand how to work with a poem to change the font, color, etc. other than the options to put it in bold, italics, or center it, like it says above the posting area.
Also, when I use the area below and separate from the poem area, I clicked on "add media" to add a video, and the icon for adding a picture to add a picture. It put the video and picture in that area, but the video wouldn't play.
Also, is there any way to put the picture and the video in with the poem itself? Please Help!!!
6/25/2012 12:45:14 AM

Richard Palmer
how do I soup mail other members
7/9/2012 9:39:19 AM

Sherese Gooden
How do I post for High Critique?
edited by Shereseg2002 on 7/9/2012
8/28/2012 2:36:40 PM

Jennifer Cahill
this is actually not a response but a question. I seem to be unable to post a new poem on poetrysoup. I have been a member for over a year and had a poem featured, so I do not know why this is the case. If anyone could be of assistance, that would be great. Thank you.

Sincerely,
jennifer

--
Jennifer Cahill

Forum Home » How do I...? » posting and editing