Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » more woes for NZ Children

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
7/5/2016 7:41:14 AM

David Smith
Sesame street is no longer free to air in NZ. Would be little opposition to view that wherever watched in world Sesame street set a benchmark for excellence in children's programming. I am sure there are many people reading this who have fond memories of this programme. It is greed all round that has led to this situation. The channel it was on got axed and replaced by adult oriented channel called bravo. There are infomercials running at times it was on. New channel also has heaps of reality programming. A petition has been launched to make them re-consider. Just read HBO has Sesame street behind a Paywall whatever that means. Children apparently have very little consumer power. Hope other counties have less heartless TV moguls and some children elsewhere can still watch the programme. If you have influence now is time to use it. Sesame street was and still is something for children everywhere to look forward to. One of a kind. Have a Sesame Street book that I used to read to our children. Had it out recently when we babysat friends children. Interested on others take on this. Hope just not me who cares. David from NZ
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » more woes for NZ Children