Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Disrespecting children

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
7/3/2016 6:13:09 AM

David Smith
If you witnessed all the things I did in thirty years as an early childhood teacher you might conclude like I have that they are not getting the respect they deserve as beings of wonder and beauty that they so are. If anybody saw like I did the secret lives of five year old's documentary - intros were enough for me where adults were seen having a good laugh as they secretly watched them unknowingly lay their life bare - I am sure you would get where I am coming from. I know so many adults who see children as something bought and paid for and an investment to protect or in too many cases neglect. Would like feed back, maybe even a few poems on how others see this issue that I am passionate about. Shudder to think what comments would be about my secret life as a five year old and how they would have pigeon holed me.
permalink • reply with quote
10/25/2016 2:12:12 AM

Keith Logan
At that age I was built like a brick ****-house and the self appointed guardian of the weak. I never hesitated to take on those a year or two older, the bullies.
5/27/2017 1:38:03 AM

Andy Morfett
I wasn't going to comment on your thread until I read it through thoroughly. Your somewhat effusive language in your description of kids is worrying, to be frank. You come across like someone who is rather too interested in children, to be honest... It may help explain why your thread has had almost a thousand views but this is only the second comment... May I suggest that you take the time to re-edit your post so that it doesn't come across as quite as creepy as it does at present?

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Disrespecting children