Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Love and Romance » "Love At First Sight"

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Seeking relationship advice, romantic ideas or just want to express your feeling - Post Here!
2/4/2015 6:47:12 PM

Dina Platt
Do you believe in love at first sight?
permalink • reply with quote
2/5/2015 2:28:15 AM

Asiphe Tomeli
i used to but honestly i don't even think love exists anymore

May816 wrote:

--
AT
2/5/2015 7:12:18 PM

Susan Clark
I found in order to see love and encourage it others we must first learn to love the One who created us.
We are His gorgeous handiwork and He lovingly knitted us in our mother's womb - but first we all existed as

in the Creator's world as ideas, then we came into existence in that world first as ones He loves without end and then He sent us to earth as the school house it is. The planet of the children - His children - we are planted to learn to love God first, then to come to love ourselves and be good to ourselves, then to love others with ever increasing love that overtakes all and follows our Lord's example of He who finds us worthy to exist, to love - to be loved - to give and receive love - even if we find faults in other people - we have to learn to look past that because our Lord loves us despite ourselves - and in turn we must learn to look at other people with that same unconditional love - so that they might also come to see the agapi love of our God through us - so first become that warm fire that people want to sit next to then others will want to pursue that same all encompassing love that they see shining through you. Become that light and become that love, that change you want to see not only in ourselves but in others too.

Whatsoever things that are lovely and true think on these things ! Love your sister in Christ Susan
7/16/2015 3:44:51 PM

Neil Nelson
May816 wrote:

Yes, because it has lead me to where I am now
1/30/2016 3:44:07 PM

Goddess Queen Yahudah
Asiphe Tomeli wrote:
i used to but honestly i don't even think love exists anymore

May816 wrote:

i believe in love first sight especially when it is divined to happened. Patience is a very prime factor when waiting and you just do not want anybody!
1/30/2016 3:45:46 PM

Goddess Queen Yahudah
kursitamu wrote:
believe it because I have experienced it and my relationship with my girlfriend is very harmonious

That is great! You both balance one another out and that's all that counts!
2/2/2016 1:56:03 PM

Wilbert Dela Cruz
It is all relative. We believe in what we choose to believe in but then again there are things in the world like love, faith, miracles, to happiness, they exist and they everywhere around us, the truth is already inside us, whether we believe they are there or not.
3/16/2016 8:20:09 AM

Jolene Cheyney
Crush/lust at first sight
Love that endures, hopes, believes all takes time.
4/9/2016 11:29:48 PM

Jolene Cheyney
Sorry to whomever got reported to moderator. Parkinson's tremors make me tap buttons that I don't intend to. I wish they would put a confirm or deny option to finalize
10/25/2016 3:06:26 AM

Keith Logan
Do I believe in love at first sight? Let me take another look at that.
11/27/2016 4:13:30 PM

Keith Teaser
I don’t believe in Love as an emotion? I do believe in honesty! and faithfulness. We can say too easily "I LOVE YOU" Yet I would rather a girl say the truth? Which is. I don’t love you! But, I can learn to.
If there were such a thing as love at first sight? Then I am in love with 20 different girls every day!!

4/4/2017 4:57:30 AM

Tony Devers
I absolutely believe in love at first sight - having experienced "the Thunderbolt" described by Mario Puzo in The Godfather (book, not film). The trouble is though, you can only assess that first sight in hindsight. So if a couple are both of a romantic persuasion, it's easy to reinforce the impression of love at first sight by reminding each other constantly of the first time you met. Did you really knock each other over with the power of a charged glance, or is that just how you choose to remember it? Does it matter?
edited by Tony Devers on 4/4/2017
5/6/2017 5:50:27 PM

Destiny Lawson
I really do believe in love at first sight.
5/15/2017 4:24:03 PM

Carissa Marie
I'm not sure. I'd like to believe that there is a "jolt" we get the first time that we see someone, and I wish I could accept the idea of soulmates, but it seems a bit farfetched. I do believe in love, as difficult as it is for me to understand what, exactly, love is, but instantaneous love? I'm not sure. If I ever experience it, I'll be sure to review my opinion on the matter.
5/15/2017 4:27:07 PM

Gregory Richard Barden
(d/fl)yingsquirrel wrote:
I'm not sure. I'd like to believe that there is a "jolt" we get the first time that we see someone, and I wish I could accept the idea of soulmates, but it seems a bit farfetched. I do believe in love, as difficult as it is for me to understand what, exactly, love is, but instantaneous love? I'm not sure. If I ever experience it, I'll be sure to review my opinion on the matter.
5/15/2017 4:29:40 PM

Gregory Richard Barden
I not only believe in love at first sight, (though I believe it's rare in a romantic perspective, I have experienced it), I believe there are different TYPES ... if you don't believe in love at first sight, just wait until your first child is born, and you will absolutely believe in it from that point on. If it can happen in that aspect, it can happen in others! :-)
3/1/2024 9:13:02 AM

average person
I certainly didn't fall in love with anyone the moment I've laid eyes on them. To me, love is something that builds over time like trust. Something like lust, or a crush could be seen first but its hard to tell if it is love.

Forum Home » Love and Romance » "Love At First Sight"