Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Thank You!

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
2/1/2015 8:21:40 PM

Edwin Hofert
Hi, my name is Ed Hofert and I'm addicted to poetry. Thank you to all of you that have so warmly welcomed me here. I've actually been so caught up in it that I just a couple minutes ago realized I'm over my 10 poems in 24 hours limit. Hows that for gratitude? You're nice to me and I break the rules. It was an oversight but I'm looking at the bright side. Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day reading other poets works and encouraging them like you have me. There's something so gracious when a person opens up a part of their soul to share with even one other human being. And it's like the best feeling in the world when that person not only looks but they also see. Personally I think you can ask a person a hundred questions about their life. Or you could read a poem or two that will not only tell you what they experienced but also how it made them feel. You can learn their likes and dislikes. Hopes and dreams. Feel their sense of humor or know what moves them. What an incredible way to get to know each other. I wrote a poem about my love for candy corn a couple years ago. For Christmas I started getting bags of candy corn from 3 or 4 areas of the United States. (notice I'm closing with I love candy corn? ) Just in case you ever have more than you want or need. Thank you again I hope to be reading some of you tomorrow.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Thank You!