Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Greetings from a Newbie

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
5/16/2014 5:44:49 AM

John Michaels
Hi Everyone

I registered with the site yesterday, but only just discovered this area (still finding my way around), so thought I'd introduce myself. I've been writing on-and-off for most of my adult life but only really got into poetry a couple of years ago. I mainly tend to write Haiku but I do dabble with other styles as the mood (and inspiration) takes me.

I actually published my first eBook of Haiku last year but I felt it was a real one-way street and lacked any interaction with readers, so am hoping for some *gentle* feedback and encouragement in a friendly environment... hence me joining this site. I have submitted a few of my poems here and I've already received some nice comments from other users, so thanks for that.

I look forward to contributing more poems and maybe, if I feel brave enough, participating in a competition or two.

Thanks for listening...
permalink • reply with quote
5/18/2014 4:10:45 PM

Margaret Franceschini
Hi John: welcome, I somewhat new, although I have been MIA for a while, you will enjoy posting and receiving comments, it is helpful..
5/20/2014 8:58:12 AM

John Michaels
Thank you for the message of welcome. Am already enjoying reading and commenting on others' poems. So glad I found this site.

Forum Home » Introductions » Greetings from a Newbie