Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Happy New Year to everyone

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
1/6/2014 7:55:23 AM

Karen Ruff
Hi, Folks. I am relatively new to the site, having found it right around Christmas or so. I won't give my age, but I think I'm probably older than a lot of folks here. Anyway, I have worn a lot of hats, traveled a fair amount, was divorced once but am remarried to someone I've been with for almost 14 years. Raised 4 great kids and have a bunch of grands to show for that. The 15 year old is a charmer and goes with us on almost all of our vacations. I literally cut the cord when she was born. (The doctor made me do it.) I've never pretended to be a Shakespeare or a Frost or Wordsworth--my favorite poets--but I have written a fair amount. Actually I have written over 8 thousand articles in the past 10 years, but you won't see them with my name on them as they were written as "work-for-hire" on various landing pages managed by a person in Florida. His assignments have sort of petered out, but they were very steady and good money for a number of years, so I didn't complain about not having a byline. I have been a high school teacher, college instructor, insurance agent, among other things. Currently I am also the Dean of English for an online college Sherman Institute. It is definitely off the beaten path, and you can find courses not available at any other college in the country and for prices also less than you will find anywhere else. If you wish, you can check it out at www.shermaninstitute.info.

I look forward to your comments on my work. I try to leave a comment on nearly everything I read, even if its only a word or two.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Happy New Year to everyone