Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » What really gets on my nerves...

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
9/16/2013 12:31:04 PM

Just That Archaic Poet
You want to know what really aggravates me to no end?: people who do not take the time to reply to someone who has left kind remarks or reviews of their poetry. If that person took the time to read, interpret and leave you a comment, the LEAST you can do is say a gracious "thank you". I mean, it takes all of what, 30 seconds (or less!) to type eight little, yet meaningful words? I reply to every single person who leaves me feedback, and can you guess why? Because it's the RIGHT and POLITE thing to do, that's why. How self-absorbed and superficial/shallow can you get to garner accolades/adulation and NOT say a simple "thank you" in return? I think that's absolutely deplorable behavior. If you have time to post, you have time to reply. End of rant. Cursing
permalink • reply with quote
9/22/2013 12:46:05 AM

Andrea Dietrich
LOVE what you say here. This has always been my big pet peeve as well!
9/23/2013 5:54:23 AM

Just That Archaic Poet
Thanks, Andrea. I was worried there for a moment that no one else felt this way. It's a behavior and practice I do not understand. I cannot and will not support "poets" who think so little of their audience. If it was not for reading and reviewing each other's work, the Soup would be a pretty boring place. We should all take the time to thank our audience
9/23/2013 11:20:28 AM

robin davis
I am new on here, but agree with this 100 percent. Its nice to give feedback and receive it. Because it helps us improve by seeing what we are doing wrong or right. It also makes us feel good when someone leaves a comment saying how good we are. Every poet likes to hear that, because we work hard on creating the best writes we can.
everyone have a great day. hug
9/23/2013 1:08:40 PM

Just That Archaic Poet
Glad you chimed in, Robin; also happy to hear you agree with my little diatribe lol I cannot fully stress or clearly articulate how important I feel it is to be gracious to our audiences. I would say that most poets covet praise, and we should all, as I stated, say "thank you" to those who review our work and leave us feedback; is it not the least we can do? Ungratefulness, indifference and discourteousness are attributes I find detestable in a fellow human being, and even more so in a poet or artist.
9/23/2013 1:15:17 PM

robin davis
Your welcome Archaic for getting involved. I always say, treat people the way you want to be treated. With courtesy and respect. There is never ever a need to treat someone badly or not have manners.
Well, thats my opinion. Maybe I am just a nerdy geeky old fashioned girl. LOL

Angel Wings
9/23/2013 2:27:53 PM

Just That Archaic Poet
Your opinion is welcomed and appreciated, Robin Toast
9/26/2013 6:04:53 PM

Janice Jackson
people who don't take time to comment on your poetry, why put it on here?
9/28/2013 2:34:59 PM

Just That Archaic Poet
Hi, Janice. Thanks for joining the discussion, but I was a little confused by your reply and found it difficult to extrapolate exactly what you were conveying; that is if you agreed or disagreed with my premise of it being bad form not to say "thank you" to people who leave feedback on posted poetry? Sorry, I can be a little daft at times. Just wondering if you'd clarify
4/12/2014 2:10:58 AM

Mark J. Halliday
In principal I agree with you. Depending on where you access comments sent to you though, it isn't always easy to reply.

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » What really gets on my nerves...