Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Chaotic Life....Made Easier by Poems Alone

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
8/13/2013 8:17:20 PM

Jamie Grattan
Hello to all,

I have been a member for some time, but only recently started posting poems. Having written a journal full, I now believe that my poems are the main reason I have survived a life full of traumatic experiences. I have never been the type to dwell on the past, or host pity parties on my own behalf, however, I feel understood when a reader really 'gets' what I have written.

There are so many questions running through my head, from what is...Format your Poem???
To do I have the opportunity to publish my poetry? ADVISE please.
And should I hold back, worrying about the perception of others, or just let go??

Open minded, and welcome constructive criticism whole heartedly.

Thank you Jayme
permalink • reply with quote
8/23/2013 5:05:10 AM

Aiden Asoll
Hey there, I'm new myself but couldn't help seeing that and thinking exactly the same. Poetry is more of a blessing than most of the population realise, to me it seems the only force in this world of confusion that can make any sense. Without it I should imagine i'd also be lost to the great problems and experiences that have happened in my life. Poetry is expression at its greatest form and expression if a person as a whole...so I guess without expression, we wouldn't be us...I think :P

Anyway I'm probably gonna have a look at your stuff in a minute now, I love reading something and really understanding and feeling connected to it. And im gonna chuck it out there, because I just put it on my personal statement to university in the hope to make myself sound smarter. :P

Percy Shelley once said "Poetry is indeed something divine. It is at once the centre and circumference of knowledge."
8/23/2013 11:37:28 AM

Just That Archaic Poet
Percy Shelley is very near and dear to my heart, and it was wonderful to read that quote. My advice, to both of you is, as Aiden put it, just chuck it all out there. Everyone here has been kind and encouraging to me, and I know we will all reciprocate; so don't be afraid to post anything. You will receive advice and support, no matter what. I've been around for a few weeks, and I can assure you that you've both found the right place and you will fit right in. And if I can help either of you, just let me know

Forum Home » Introductions » Chaotic Life....Made Easier by Poems Alone