Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Depression and Hope

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
12/1/2012 1:15:14 AM

Karlin K. Jensen
I'm a teen struggling with (often intense) depression. For months, it's been a struggle but I've gradually found hope. I use poetry as a way to let the pain inside out, rather than doing something dangerous. Because I'm going through this, and understand, I'm wondering if there are others like me here, who want to share, or talk?
permalink • reply with quote
12/1/2012 6:30:30 PM

olufunminiyi salawu
in poetry u will find real hope. I was once like you, but in poetry i found solace. Read some of my works, they can be soul lifting. Regards.
12/10/2012 12:53:17 PM

Bernard Colasurdo
Hi Karlin, I;m not a teen : ) but I've been struggling for a while now since my beautiful wife and the love of my life passed away from a horrible bout with cancer 6 months ago leaving me feeling so lost and alone. In my journey through this painful experience and life in general I've come to realize that life is full of ups and downs and that their are lessons to be learned in the downs, as hard as they may be to cope with. The downs bring out talents, abilities and desires that we may have never had the opportunity to express and that can bring us to different level of happiness and hope and joy that we may have never felt. Keep writing as it is an emotional release and just may be what rescues you from this pain in your life. and remember God is there for you, He loves you and you are never alone. Be Well
4/1/2013 4:16:07 PM

Connie Moore
Hi Karlin, I have had depression for most of my life. I have recently found that when I start getting that "down feeling", I just look at the situation and try to rationalize what is going on. That way, I can almost talk myself out of being depressed. Good luck and GOD Bless!
5/26/2013 10:29:16 PM

John Ginesi
KarlinKJ wrote:
I'm a teen struggling with (often intense) depression. For months, it's been a struggle but I've gradually found hope. I use poetry as a way to let the pain inside out, rather than doing something dangerous. Because I'm going through this, and understand, I'm wondering if there are others like me here, who want to share, or talk?
Hi Karlin, I know how you are feeling I am 65 and have a similar situation I use poetry as an escape from my problems I am divorced after being married 32 years, It seems impossible to find a partner so I spend my time writing poetry for the world to read, it is my legacy to them, poetry is for all who seek it. I believe you will come through all this if you keep yourself motivated with a hobby, if you like singing, you may consider going to a Karaoke near you, it is a good way to make new friends and have fun. I have done it for nearly 20years and I win fans everywhere I go, try it for yourself and see how popular you become. All the best. John
5/27/2013 1:30:21 AM

Nato Calubiran
as the hulk said. the secret he doesnt go angry because he is always angry. for me im always depressed thats why i dont get depressed even more
11/2/2013 9:40:07 AM

Cherie Durbin
I feel for you. I write a lot to ease my pain, too.
11/2/2013 12:37:47 PM

nocturnal poet
YES KARLIN I'M ONE OF THEM WHO AGREES WITH YOU I SUFFER THE SAME
KarlinKJ wrote:
11/3/2013 11:16:58 AM

Just That Archaic Poet
I agree with what everyone here has said. I also suffer from depression and other mental illnesses and must take medication to keep me balanced. I also suffer from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) where the shorter days intensify my depression. Like many others, I use my art as an emotional outlet and it is quite therapeutic. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to shoot me a Soup Mail. Hope this reply finds you in better spirits
4/12/2014 2:05:24 AM

Mark J. Halliday
I have found that writing poetry or lyrics can have a cathartic effect on purging emotions. On the other hand, striving for inspiration to come up with an idea to write about can drive me nuts sometimes! I'm pretty good with words if I can come up with an idea to work with. A few of my lyrics are on that topic.
8/26/2014 9:50:17 PM

Tracey lawrence
im 14 and have had depression since the age of 12. you will find all my poems are about my life what i go through. i have been in hospital way to many times to keep count due to numerous suicide attempts. but this place makes me feel a little better because i know im being herd and people are hearing what i have to say. depression for me is big and the support for me is 0 but im here for you when you need it because i shore as hell can relate to you. hugs xxx

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Depression and Hope