Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Sad News: Al and Tipper

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
6/1/2010 6:14:16 PM

Veronica Joseph
It made me inexplicably sad today to hear that Al and Tipper Gore were separating after 40 years of marriage. I so want to believe in the true heart of marriage, and yet, as Chris Matthews said tonight: no one knows what is in a man (or woman's) true heart - marriage is the most private, most sacred, most creative space in our lives. Feeling pensive and sad.
permalink • reply with quote
6/4/2010 5:12:21 PM

aneysa churchwell
lol fuuny frank lol=)
but ....love has both reward...and flaws...
flaws r the heartbreaks and hurt...reward bein able 2 say 3 little words that mean a whole lot..
and a lot more
6/4/2010 6:39:24 PM

Spade Sincuna
Impermanence is a fact and we must all just accept it. People change, and feelings change. And once you realize the person you're with now isn't the person you have fallen in love with; despite the memories (because memories are past), its a hard yet honest decision to accept it. Majority of the people who are in this situation practice illusionism and pragmatism - pretending the person is still the same person, and since its convenient and it helps both parties (plus the upbringing of priority if children are involved) then they stick to the relationship.

But feelings change and its part of the human instinct to find new things, just as how Aristotle said that Man desires to know, man also desires new things.
8/22/2010 6:08:46 PM

Gloria Benton
Hello:
I do not know the couple that is separating up. I do know that a marriage is a very sacred bond, and God hates divorce. I encourage them to rethink about separating. I know by the grace of God you married until death do you part. You have the power to kick the devil out of your holy relationship.
Where ever there is contention misunderstanding arguing disagreement; there is every evil work.
you can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens you both.

Be Blessed, Nothing is to hard for God.

Gloria Benton

--
Gloria Benton

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Sad News: Al and Tipper