On Love And Its Consequences
1) We were both young and stupid
but sometimes it still hurts
to remember we don't talk.
2) We never really loved each other
but we lasted a year and a half.
I feel nothing.
3) They told me we should be together.
They were wrong, but it was nice
to know I could be wanted.
4) She was on my mind for eight months.
I was on hers for mere minutes.
I learnt to let go of needless hope.
5) She was the first girl I ever truly loved.
She is the first girl I ever truly hated.
6) He crushed my confidence the moment
One girl could never satisfy him, or maybe
I wasn't good enough.
7) Maybe we could have worked out.
Maybe we wouldn't have.
I'm sorry I hurt you.
8) He told me he owed me the day I saved his life.
He told me I owed him every time he raped me.
I still gave him everything.
9) They told me we should be together.
They were wrong, but
he helped me move on.
10) I started to try and love myself.
Somedays it's still tough
but it's easier to smile now.
11) Every time you smile I get a feeling that makes me think
maybe my heart has healed.
It's not. But with you, it might get there.
Copyright © Teenage Frustrations