Read Poems by
Below are poems written by poet
Caroline Russ. Click the Next or Previous links below the poem to navigate between poems. Remember, Poetrysoup is an environment of encouragement and growth. Thank you.
List of ALL
+ Fav Poet
The New Tyrants
And so there are the new tyrants
- And who are the distinguished?
The moguls who benefited from TARP
- The cries for help can not be extinguished
Who hoarded monies and increased their penalties
- Further, insulting the American public
Lopping on still more late interest penalties
- We once were an admired republic
Now, are children are but homeless
- Who can bear to hear them weep?
The price that’s been paid is senseless
- Many knew the problems ran deep
Denial became a common theme
- And so is gone the American Dream