1) Treat others the way you'd have them treat you.
Whatever you dish out comes right back at you.
2) Don't talk about what you don't know first hand,
And keep most that you know to yourself, contraband.
3) Don't take another into confidence,
Most gossip is spread through this type of pretense.
4) When you DO one a favor, it's a GIFT that you GAVE.
When you GET a favor, it's a DEBT to be PAID.
5) Your children won't listen to what you have to say.
They'll watch what you do and then they'll live that way.
6) Children don't do what you tell them to do.
They watch your actions and learn them from you.
7) Remember that neighbors watch people, it's true.
If they're watching others, they're watching you too.
8) Don't expect more of others than you're willing to give.
Remember these words, it's a good way to live.
9) Don't do anything that could be questioned later.
Don't do what you don't want to read in the paper.
10) Never hang out with a questionable crowd.
What they do in secret will be broadcast out loud.
11) In questions of will or questions of won't,
Remember this well, if there's doubt, then don't.
I hope that these words give you pause, give you thought,
And I hope they're remembered more often than not.
It's really no more than just good common sense,
Read you Bible and pray and stay away from pretense.