Heptameter Definition | What is Heptameter ? - PoetrySoup
One or more lines of verse containing seven metrical feet (usually fourteen or twenty-one syllables).
An example from Lord Byron's Youth and Age:
- 'Tis but as ivy-leaves around the ruin'd turret wreathe,
- All green and wildly fresh without, but worn and gray beneath.
- O could I feel as I have felt, or be what I have been,
- Or weep as I could once have wept o'er many a vanish'd scene,-
- As springs in deserts found seem sweet, all brackish though they be,
- So midst the wither'd waste of life, those tears would flow to me!